Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Dreams



     If my dreams were realistic, I would have already achieved them. That’s what I often tell myself; and it’s partly true. I say 'partly' because I’ve partly achieved them; not fully to the extent that I want, but I’m steadily chipping away. But I understand I have lofty goals. I want to pursue my writing, film/acting and music… I love them all. And maybe that’s the key… loving what you do (and at least being kind-of good at it). Let’s face it; I may not be the best person in the world to do all of these things. I'm a decent storyteller, but there are better technical writers out there, there are many better-looking- better-acting actors, and better musicians. I know I’ll never live up to my own expectations of myself, but that’s okay. I love writing, film and music, and doing them makes me happy. There will always be fans and critics of your work, but at the end of the day, if you can do what makes you happy and it brings you peace, you couldn’t ask for anything more. If other people like it too, that’s a bonus. So I’ll keep dreaming big and striving to fulfill those aspirations. I hope you all do the same in your lives.

     I have been keeping myself very busy. Editing the third and final Sebastian and the Afterlife book has been a long process, but I’m happy to say that it’s nearing the end. Its release date has been pushed back a couple of times and is now January of 2014. I know that’s a long time to wait, but it will be worth it to have a really good, tight edit, and do the end of the series justice. I have suffered the consequences of a hurried edit in the past.  I think Sebastian fans will be really happy with the final book.

    2013 has been a big year for film… at least for me. Most recently, a film called The Spectacular Now, that I had a small part as a pedestrian in, was in theaters a little earlier this month. It stars Shaleene Woodly and Miles teller, two great young actors. I also had the great pleasure of playing a Post-Apocalyptic Wastelander in a film called Preserve that shot at the beach just south of St Simon’s Island, GA.  And just a few weekends ago, I played a 'group member' in a short film called Saga Orphans. It was a movie about a support group that meets to help people who can’t handle that their fantasy sagas have ended (Harry Potter, Twilight and the like). It was really funny. 

I have decided to make my most recent feature-length screenplay (one called 'Veronica Got Grounded') into a movie. I've started a production company called 'Sleepy Decision' as a banner to make this and future films under. I have a blog (http://sleepydecision.blogspot.com), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/sleepydecisionentertainment) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/sleepydecision) if you're interested in  following the film's progress, you can see it at any of those places. 

So here's to dreams, I wouldn't want life without them. 
Take care, 
William

No comments:

Post a Comment